NOVEMBER 18-19, 2017
As always information packets and forms will be emailed out to all club contacts in late August, but in the meantime take note of some changes we will have to make (and some we won’t have to make) for the tournament due to the Player Development Initiatives mandated by US Soccer for fall 2017. It is certainly not our choice to do this but we must follow the mandated part of the new rules per VYSA in order for the tournament to be sanctioned.
For the U8:
- We have always used 6 x 12 goals but will need to use 4 x 6 Bow net variety.
- We will play 4 v 4 instead of 5 v 5;on a slightly smaller field than what we have used.
- Due to the above, maximum allowable kids on a U8 team will be reduced to 8.
For the U9/10:
- We will NOT have to follow the new policy on build out lines and goalies not punting the ball.. When I pointed out that dozens of tournament rules had been certified not mentioning this at all I was told it would not be required as this is something that would take time to work its way into common use. So…..game as it always has been.
For the U11/12:
- Number of players will change from 8 v 8 to 9 v 9. Max on a team will remain 16.
We look forward to seeing everyone in November.