Players seeking financial aid (also known as scholarships) to play in our recreational program must register online and indicate they are applying for financial aid. There is a process to demonstrate qualification for financial aid (see instructions below).
NOTE ON FINANCIAL AID (SCHOLARSHIPS): All recipients who qualify must now pay a reduced fee of $50 for full scholarship (i.e. qualify for free lunch in school) or $75 (i.e. qualify for reduced lunch in school). The cost for players not requiring or qualifying for financial aid is $140.
INSTRUCTIONS: When applying for financial aid, there are a few steps in the process to complete registration. This online registration will be saved in the system and pending until the following steps are complete:
- You must fill out the Fairfax County Scholarship Form (English) (Spanish). The PDF is a fillable PDF form than can be edited on your computer/device, saved and emailed to email@example.com. NOTE: If opening the form on your computer, you should be able to view/edit by default with Adobe Reader. If you are opening the form on your phone, you can save it to google drive, and open/edit there to fill out, save and email back. If you are unable to edit the form, you can always print it out and mail it in to: Attention: Registrar, HYS PO Box 464, Herndon VA 20172.
- Provide proof of qualification (see below) by uploading an image (take a picture of the document or card) during online registration.
- With the form received and proof of qualification accepted, all scholarship recipients will still have to pay the reduced fee. An email will be sent with a link to complete registration by paying the fee, which can be made online then by credit card or by mail if paying check/cash, sent to: Attention: Registrar, HYS PO Box 464, Herndon VA 20172).
QUALIFICATION: To be eligible for financial aid (scholarship), players must qualify for or be currently receiving assistance from one or more of these programs (verification will be required):
- Free or Reduced School Lunch
- (TANF) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Aid for Dependent Children, Foster Care
- Medicaid (Card must include Medicaid ID Number)
In order to qualify for financial aid, players must also:
- Be a resident of Fairfax County
- Enrolled in school (K-12th grade)
- Commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games