The Herndon Pre-Travel Academy is specially designed for 2016 and 2015 players (U7s and U8s) who are more serious about soccer, excel on their teams and need a more competitive and challenging environment to develop as young athletes. The Pre-Travel Academy is designed to provide a competitive atmosphere while furnishing the players with positive experiences to nurture their self-esteem, confidence, and passion for the game.
Professional trainers will apply age-appropriate training curriculum focused primarily on foot skills, and the introduction of basic soccer concepts in order to offer highest development program for U7s and U8s.
Pools for the Fall 2022 Season:
- U8 Boys/ U8 Girls Full-time Academy (2015 Players)
- U7 Boys/U7 Girls Full-time Academy (2016 Players)
- U7 Boys/Girls Part-time Academy (2016 Players)
U7 and U8 Full-Time Academy Pool
- Trainings: 2 days a week
- Games: On weekends against other clubs
U7 Part-Time Academy Pool
- Players in the U7 Part-Time Academy pool should be registered with the HYS Recreational soccer program in addition to the Pre-Travel program.
- Trainings: 1 day a week
- Games: 2-3 games on weekends over the course of the season
The Pre-Travel Academy pools will most likely become the base of the HYS U9 and U10 travel teams for Fall 2023.
- To improve players Technical Skills (Dribbling, 1v1, Passing-Receiving, and Finishing)
- To make smarter soccer players (THINKERS) by working on their perception and decision-making depending on game situations (on/off the ball)
- To improve motor skills and sport-specific fitness (coordination, balance, and agility)
- To develop passion and love for the sport of soccer
- To prepare players for the transition to travel soccer at U9
- Pre-Travel Academy jersey, shin guards, cleats, size 3 ball and water
Fall Dates (8 weeks) *Will Be Announced Once County Field Permits Received
- Mondays: TBA in Herndon
- Fridays: TBA in Herndon
- Full-time player - $275
- Part time player - $150
- Scholarships are available for players that qualify for financial aid
Information on the fall season will be emailed to those who register.
REGISTER NOW FOR PRE-TRAVEL ACADEMY